Boats & Banners Alpha 1.0.2 release!
February 4, 2018 by
Leonard van Buren
As promised, this update is quite a lot bigger than the last one!
First off, a new saving system has been added. The game is now saved automatically
after every turn, and you can continue at any time from the menu.
You can now upgrade a Colony to a Stockade for the reasonable price of 20 wood.
That allows you to build higher-level ships, but it comes with a tradeoff!
Previously, you could build every unit right from the start,
but that was quite unbalanced.
All of these changes required the AI to be reworked as well.
The Ai should now be able to take advantage of the new features
and hopefully be more of a challenge!
- Added a saving system
- Added ranged combat
- Added tile upgrades
- Improved the ai quite a bit
- Tile takeovers are no longer instantaneous
- Animated the menu screen
- Added angular sprites to (almost) all units
- Added ranged attack animation
- Changed the way unit stats are displayed
- Added camera scrolling
- Added a 'disable hints' button in the pause menu
- Fixed a bug where the game didn't end when all other players were defeated