First of all, his update adds Fog of War to the map.
Since this game is also about exploration and discovery, it's an overdue change!
Secondly, I improved the textures a lot. Water actually has depth now, which looks a lot better. I'm still not happy with some of the older UI layouts, but overall it's much better than before. I also made a little loading animation:
In the next update I'm changing the way colonies work, which will add more variety to the gameplay. Also adding some long overdue story elements.
- Added Fog of War to the map
- Changed tile and unit sprites
- Added climate-specific tile sprites
- Added loading animation
- Game layout improved on larger screens
- Fixed various lighting bugs
- Fixed a bug where scrolling the map didn't work properly
- Fixed a bug where points weren't awarded correctly