Update 1.1.1: Experience, Perks and more!
March 3, 2019 by
Leonard van Buren
Lots of changes today in Boats & Banners-land! The main improvement this time is the new level-up system.
Units will now gain experience points when
they kill units, create new Colonies or discover resources. As they level up, they will unlock Perks that make
them stronger, faster or more versatile. You can see a unit level up after sinking an enemy ship here:
In addition, the function of the Stockade building is different. It will now protect a Colony from
being flagged by an enemy player. Advanced ships can now only be built by
improving the Dock building (instead of the Stockade), which makes more sense in any case.
I also fixed every bug that has been reported/found so far, including one
where the 'continue game' function didn't work properly if you won before the 30 turn limit.
Here's a full list of bug fixes/improvements:
Patch 1.1.1 Notes
- Units now gain Experience points, and can choose various Perks as they level up
- Stockades now protect against an enemy's flags
- Added an upgrade for the Dock building
- Repairs are now quicker at friendly Docks
- Scout ships have improved vision range
- Rebalanced various unit stats and prices
- 'Continue Game' button now works properly
- Fixed an issue where a unit's health/ap bar didn't always appear
- Repair button now always displays correctly